March 14, 2011

GARDEN PLANT CHECKLIST

I was going to add a few more "Before" photos, but they look so bad I thought I better wait until I have some of the "After" photos to go with them. My hubby and I drove today 130 miles (each way) to Chamblee's Rose Nursery in Tyler, Tx to buy David Austin roses. Nobody in our area had the ones I wanted. I purchased 2 Abraham Darby's, William Shakespeare 2000, another Graham Thomas ( I need two, one for each end of the clothesline) and Portmeirion. I can't wait for their wonderful aroma to fill my backyard. I have not completed the garden areas yet, still more grass and weed pulling.
So, to recap - when we purchased the property there were two Sweet Gum trees, one Maple, two Crepe Myrtles (one of which I removed because it was planted in the shade and too close to the house) and two Pampass Grass plants (which I removed). The following is a list of what has been added.
35 Elaeagnus
2 Natchez Crepe Myrtles
4 Double Red Knockout Roses
7 Double Pink Knockout Roses
2 Clematis
3 Crimson Pygmy Barberry
1 Queen Elizabeth Rose
2 Graham Thomas (David Austin English Rose)
2 Abraham Darby """""
1 William Shakespeare 2000 """""
1 Portmeirion """"""""
3 Lynwood Gold Forsythia
1 Flowering Quince Japonica
8 Camellia
1 Varigated Privet
5 Azalea
5 Dwarf Nadina "Firehouse"
4 Indian Hawthorne "Snow"

The other half of my backyard will have to wait until next year due to the expense of landscaping. I still want to try to add some Hostas and Hydrangeas when they become available. Also I brought my daylilies and iris with from my previous house and planted them last fall. I am eagerly awaiting for their lovely blooms. (plus I don't know what is what - I didn't tag anything- moving - what a pain that is). I also ordered a few more daylilies and they just arrived the other day. I bought a lot of perennial flower seeds. I have lots of work ahead.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of plants, I've never been to Tyler, how was it. Nebraska sis mentioned coming this month some time, can we stay with you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...