July 04, 2011

Happy July 4th

I brought this geranium plant in a pot from my
old home last October. It sat in the
garage all winter and it finally
has come back and bloomed. It looked
dead when I brought it out
of the garage in the spring. I
re-potted it with new potting soil.

July garden scene.

July garden scene of Firehouse dwarf Nandina's
with some of the last daylily's in this bed.
Some of them will rebloom. I would

eventually like to plant a Yaupon Holly (Ilex vomitoria) tree here.

Cast Iron Plant - Aspidistra Elatior in the background
with Burgundy Glow Ajuga and Purple Oxalis.
The Cast Iron plant has grown alot
since I planted it in the spring. It
makes a good filler plant and is
evergreen.


You know summer is here - sunflowers make me smile.

July garden scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment