April 19, 2012

Gypsy Romance Iris And Roses



I paired the Gypsy Romance iris with Evolution Blue Sage-Salvia farinacea.
In my garden here in Texas it is a perennial. It is more
full and colorful than last year. It doesn't
require much care nor does it need deadheading.
 

It is also planted in front of Abraham Darby rose.
I just love the color combination.
Blooming onion in the foreground.

New addition to the shade garden -
'Variegated Mariesii' Bigleaf Hydrangea, Lacecap
It is suppose to have silvery blue flowers. 
This is the rose I started from a cutting last fall.
The bush is so small, but the flower is so big.
This is the first time I have tried this. 
Unknown rose paired with Variegated Privet.
 The flowers on the shrub are
in bloom and they smell wonderful. I'm thinking this
rose is Tropicana, not sure. It was here
 when we moved to this house.
I moved it to this location last summer. It is just
 loaded with blooms. The picture below
is a more true to color photo. 
 
Tropicana???? I guess I'll
never know for sure.
The Queen Elizabeth rose is beautiful. I recommend this
one for your rose garden.
 



Up close of Elainealope iris. It looks
as if someone splattered a darker shade of
purple on it.



5 comments:

  1. Your roses and Irises are lovely.I have the blue beddar salvia which plays nicely with other colors too. That onion bloom sure looks more like garlic to me. I have a variegated Hydrangea, this is the third year still waiting for blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love that Elainealope iris. Gorgeous.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love all the colors - they play very well together, and are very complimentary. How exciting to have a new rose from a cutting! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I love to garden for my own visual delight - but's it is always nice when others can enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the salvia with the iris and roses!

    ReplyDelete